Summer may have passed but there’s always room for ice cream! During this upcoming holiday season, wow your friends and family with this one-ingredient banana “ice cream”!
That’s right – the only ingredient in this sweet treat is ripe bananas. All it takes is some freezing time, a food processor, and a couple of minutes. Enjoy this on its own or add a little flair of flavor by mixing in peanut butter or chocolate hazelnut spread.
Better yet, sprinkle over your favorite NatureBox granola on top for some added crunch!
Prep time: 7 minutes
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon chocolate hazelnut spread (optional)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (optional)
1. Peel banana and slice into evenly-sized chunks. Place in airtight container and freeze at least 2 hours.
2. Blend frozen banana pieces in a food processor or blender until smooth, about 5 minutes. The bananas will look crumbly after 1-2 minutes, then gooey, and then finally, creamy.
3. If desired, add in flavor like chocolate hazelnut spread of peanut butter. Serve immediately or freeze to eat later!
Got a sweet tooth? Try our other tasty dessert ideas!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Sign up today to kick off your membership with a free trial!
Photos by: Lori Yates