by Angie Ramirez for NatureBox
These Apple Oatmeal Cups are a great choice for breakfast on the go! You can bake them at night and grab them on the go in the morning. Or, make a batch and leave out for weekend overnight guests to help themselves to as they wake up.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of milk of choice
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed meal
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 small apple, cored, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients (oats, flax seed meal, baking powder, cinnamon, brown sugar and nuts, if using). Set aside.
2. In another medium bowl, combine all wet ingredients (milk, egg white, vanilla and applesauce) and mix well.
3. Stir in dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until well-combined. Stir in chopped apple. Add batter to muffin pan about 2/3 full. (The batter won’t rise very much when cooking).
4. Bake until toothpick comes out clean, or about 20 minutes. Enjoy warm immediately or cool and store in an airtight container and reheat in the microwave the next morning!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Angie shares yummy food, easy DIY crafts, adventures of motherhood, and everything in between on her blog, Little Inspiration. Check out more of her healthy and fun recipes here.