Sometimes you just crave something sweet and satisfying – like Apple Pie. But who has time for freshly-baked pie mid-week? That’s where this quick spin on a classic comes into play. Blend our Sweet & Salty Nut Medley with a mix of spices into a creamy nut butter then dip with our Granny Smith Apples. Mmmmmm…pie.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 bag (3.5 ounces) NatureBox Sweet & Salty Nut Medley
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- NatureBox Granny Smith Apples, for serving
1. Place Sweet & Salty Nut Medley, oil, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg in mini food processor. Process on high 4 to 5 minutes or until smooth, scraping down sides of processor occasionally. Serve with Granny Smith Apples.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox.
Lori Yates is a Detroit-area food writer and recipe developer. She is the author of Foxes Love Lemons, where she posts special yet simple original recipes, tips from her culinary school adventures and restaurant reviews. Her mission is to encourage people to enjoy the act of cooking at home. You can follow her on Facebook and Twitter @foxeslovelemons.