by Chung-Ah Rhee for NatureBox
Anything “stuffed” is always a plus in my book. It’s even better when it’s completely meatless and is loaded with broccoli cheese goodness, enveloped in tender sweet potatoes!
Prep time: 10 minutes
about 55 minutes
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place a cooling rack inside a baking sheet. Place the potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet and pierce the potatoes all over about 6-12 times with a fork. Place into oven and bake until tender, or about 45-50 minutes. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
2. Preheat oven to broil. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add broccoli and cook, stirring, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Split the sweet potatoes in half and spoon the broccoli mixture into the center. Top with 1-2 tablespoons cheese. Place into oven and broil until cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Chung-Ah, the author behind Damn Delicious, loves to take simple ingredients and transform them into sophisticated and elegant meals.