It’s hard to go beyond your usual breakfast routine. Maybe it’s cereal and milk, or you grab a yogurt as you run out the door. Take a few extra moments to whip up this comforting, vegetable-rich dish. Sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts are caramelized then topped with an egg and hint of spice. Perfect for a weekend morning in the kitchen!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, stems removed, halved
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 large eggs
- Allepo pepper or red pepper flakes
- Maldon sea salt
1. Heat oil in large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add sweet potato; cook undisturbed for 4 minutes.
2. Stir sweet potato. Add brussels sprouts; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are deeply browned, stirring every 2 minutes.
3. Add 1 cup water; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add additional water in 1/4 cup increments, if necessary, until potatoes are tender.
4. Meanwhile, heat griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray; crack eggs onto griddle. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until whites are cooked through but yolks are still soft.
5. Divide sweet potato mixture between 4 plates. Top each plate with an egg; sprinkle eggs with allepo pepper and sea salt.
Still hungry? Look through our breakfast recipes for even more delicious ideas!
Pics or it didn’t happen! When you whip up this recipe, post it on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #natureboxrecipe so we can like and reshare it!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Sign up today to get 50% off your first box!