Photos by Chung-Ah Rhee
Who doesn’t love quinoa and fresh tomato and basil? We tossed them together for an Italian-inspired meal and made it even more heart-healthy and protein-packed with diced avocado. Make a big batch of this to hold for the next few days – this salad tastes even better the day after you make it!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, diced
- 10 large fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- 2 cups cherry/sugar plum tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 avocado, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, or to taste
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large mixing bowl, toss together cooked quinoa, mozzarella, basil, tomatoes, pine nuts and avocado.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together and stir together balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Add to salad, to taste.
Note: This salad tastes great after an hour of “marinating” in the vinaigrette and a few days sealed in the fridge!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Chung-Ah, the author behind Damn Delicious, loves to take simple ingredients and transform them into sophisticated and elegant meals.