Carrot and orange juice alone is sweeter than one might think. Cut through that cloying flavor with the added zing of fresh ginger!
Serves: 4 (yields about 40 ounces)
Prep time: about 1 hour
- 3 pounds organic carrots, washed
- 2 pounds organic oranges
- 2-3 slices organic ginger
1. Cut carrots: cut the carrots into sticks that are most manageable for your juicer; likely, they should be no longer than 2 inches and no wider than 1/2 inch. (Since you’re using organic carrots, you won’t need to peel them.)
2. Cut oranges and ginger: Peel the oranges and cut into chunks that are most manageable for your juicer; each orange will likely be cut into 6 chunks. Slice 2-3 slivers of ginger.
3. Make juice! Juice the carrots, oranges and ginger according to your juicer’s instructions. Be sure to alternate every couple of carrot sticks for a few orange chunks and ginger slivers. Serve immediately.
Storage tip: Store in mason jars 8-24 hours to have each serving already portioned out. Plus, it’s easier to clean the juice residue off glass rather than plastic.