by Chung-Ah Rhee for NatureBox
Being tired of the same old deli sandwich for lunch, I decided to try something different and turned it into spring rolls. They’re so perfect to snack on, especially when dipped in the spicy peanut sauce, or they can easily become a light lunch (that is if you can stop yourself from eating these!)
Prep time: 25 minutes
- 12 rice paper wrappers
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 8 ounces free range chicken or turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon hoisin
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha
1. Working one at a time, wet rice paper for 10 seconds and transfer to a work surface. Place arugula in the center of each wrapper and top with cucumber, carrot, chicken/turkey, red onion and avocado. Bring the bottom edge of the wrap tightly over the filling, rolling from bottom to top until the top of the sheet is reached, being careful not to tear the rice paper. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
2. To make the dipping sauce, whisk together peanut butter, water, hoisin and Sriracha in a small bowl.