Our South Pacific Plantains are insanely delicious on their own – there’s no question about that. But sometimes…
We just can’t help but want to add a little extra oomph. Sometimes, we’ll whip up a quick warmed cilantro garlic dipping oil. But this time, we used the plantains to make a hearty and filling dish. Introducing… Chicken Nachos with South Pacific Plantains!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
For the Spice-Rubbed Chicken:
- Organic nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
For the Nachos:
- 1 bag NatureBox South Pacific Plantains
- 1 can (15 ounces) refried black beans
- 2 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
For the Chipotle Sour Cream:
- 1 chipotle in adobo, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
1. Make the Spice-Rubbed Chicken: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray small rimmed baking pan with cooking spray. Rub both sides of chicken with chili powder, cumin and paprika. Place on prepared pan; bake 15 to 17 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, turning once halfway through cooking. Remove chicken from oven; leave oven on. Let chicken cool 5 minutes; chop into 1/2-inch pieces.
2. In an oven-proof serving dish or platter arrange plantain chips. Dollop with beans; sprinkle with cheese and chopped chicken. Bake 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and beans are warmed through.
3. Meanwhile, make Chipotle Sour Cream: In small bowl, stir together chipotle, lime juice and sour cream.
4. Remove nachos from oven; top with avocado, tomato, cilantro and Chipotle Sour Cream.
For the ultimate treat, pair this dish with Watermelon Basil Lemonade!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Sign up today to get 50% off your first box!