Our South Pacific Plantains are insanely delicious on their own – there’s no question about that. But sometimes…
We just can’t help but want to add a little extra oomph. Sometimes, we’ll whip up a quick warmed cilantro garlic dipping oil. But this time, we used the plantains to make a hearty and filling dish. Introducing… Chicken Nachos with South Pacific Plantains!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
For the Spice-Rubbed Chicken:
- Organic nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
For the Nachos:
- 1 bag NatureBox South Pacific Plantains
- 1 can (15 ounces) refried black beans
- 2 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
For the Chipotle Sour Cream:
- 1 chipotle in adobo, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
1. Make the Spice-Rubbed Chicken: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray small rimmed baking pan with cooking spray. Rub both sides of chicken with chili powder, cumin and paprika. Place on prepared pan; bake 15 to 17 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, turning once halfway through cooking. Remove chicken from oven; leave oven on. Let chicken cool 5 minutes; chop into 1/2-inch pieces.
2. In an oven-proof serving dish or platter arrange plantain chips. Dollop with beans; sprinkle with cheese and chopped chicken. Bake 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and beans are warmed through.
3. Meanwhile, make Chipotle Sour Cream: In small bowl, stir together chipotle, lime juice and sour cream.
4. Remove nachos from oven; top with avocado, tomato, cilantro and Chipotle Sour Cream.
For the ultimate treat, pair this dish with Watermelon Basil Lemonade!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox.