Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why not start your morning off right with this fresh, fun take on a breakfast classic!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8-10 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 thick slices hearty bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup NatureBox Cinnamon Spiced Almonds, crushed
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon rum
1. In a shallow dish, beat the eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Then place in the bread slices, letting them soak for 1 minute on each side.
2. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and add the olive oil when hot. Carefully place the bread in the pan and top each slice with 1 tablespoon crushed almonds.
3. Cook the first side until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Then flip over and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
4. While making the French toast, heat a small saucepan over medium heat and combine the brown sugar and water. Cook until the syrup is thicken, around 5 minutes and take it off the heat. Stir in the rum and the remaining crushed almonds.
5. When the French toast is ready, plate them and drizzle the rum almond syrup on top. Decorate with powdered sugar and enjoy immediately!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!