Recipe by Angie of Little Inspiration
What’s for dinner tonight? How about a creamy avocado whole wheat pasta with delicious sauteed veggies! This recipe is easy and comforting and packs in a ton of nutrients!
- 1½ cup of Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
- Water and 1 TBSP of kosher salt for boiling the pasta
For the avocado sauce:
- 1 avocado
- Lime juice of one small lime
- 1-2 TBSP of cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeño (optional – seeds removed for less heat)
- 2 TBSP of low fat cream cheese
- ⅛ tsp of garlic salt
- ⅛ tsp of ground pepper
- 1/4 cup of grape tomatoes (cut in half)
- handful of Spinach leaves
- handful of Broccoli
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 bell pepper (cut in strips)
- 1/8 tsp of ground pepper and salt
- Boil pasta with salt. Drain & set aside.
- While the pasta cooks, prepare the avocado sauce. In a blender or processor: Add avocado, jalapeño, garlic salt/pepper, lime juice, cream cheese and 1 tsp of water. Mix well until creamy.
- Add the avocado sauce to the pasta and mix to combine.
- In a skillet pan, add a drizzle of olive oil and saute the veggies with pepper and salt over medium heat until softened.
- Serve veggies on top of creamy pasta.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!