What’s your schedule like this week? Maybe it’s business as usual at the office; maybe it’s a week of rest and relaxation at the park or at the beach. Whatever your plans are, these Curried Turkey Pitas are sure to fit into your plans. Savory curry livens up ground turkey and pairs nicely with a refreshing yogurt sauce.
Make it now to have lunch the rest of the week or share it with your favorite people!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
For the Curried Turkey:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound organic ground turkey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
For the Yogurt Sauce:
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 4 whole wheat pita pockets
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
1. Make the Curried Turkey: In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and turkey; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until turkey is almost cooked through, breaking up turkey with side of spoon.
2. Reduce heat to medium; stir in water, raisins and curry powder. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until most liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, make the Yogurt Sauce: In small bowl, stir together all ingredients.
4. Serve turkey mixture in pita pockets with mango and Yogurt Sauce.
Need to cool down? Serve this picnic favorite with some Watermelon Basil Lemonade!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Sign up today to get $10 off your first box!