Spend your Sunday wisely by prepping for a healthy week – whip up this couscous salad for a ready-make weekday lunch! Veggies and a zesty herb vinaigrette adds tons of flavor but don’t worry if you’re missing or don’t like something- you can sub in whatever you prefer or have on hand.
- 2 cups Israeli couscous
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 2/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup NatureBox Dried Cranberries (or Dried Cherries or Currants)
- 2 TBSP red onion, finely chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced in fourths
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil (you can use less olive oil if you prefer a tangier vinaigrette with a bit less fat)
- 2 TBSP white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 TBSP lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Pinch of salt
Stir in red bell pepper, cranberries, red onion, cherry tomatoes and cucumber.
Drizzle herb vinaigrette over the top and toss everything together. Sprinkle crumbled feta cheese over the top, or mix in.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Kristianne is the founder of My San Francisco Kitchen, where she shares everyday recipes that focus on cooking/baking from scratch.