by Angie Ramirez of Little Inspiration
These taco cups are a fun and delicious twist on taco night. You can add or omit any ingredient to make your own taco cups using your favorite fresh ingredients. Garnish with fresh salsa!
Makes: 9 cups
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 9 whole wheat, corn, or flour tortillas
- 1-1/2 pounds grilled, shredded chicken (omit for meatless version)
- 1 14.5-ounce can black beans or refried beans
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- Prepared salsa (recipe follows)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut tortillas to about 5 inches in diameter using a cereal bowl. Heat tortillas in microwave until soft and place in muffin pan.
2. Add beans, chicken, and cheese to tortilla cups and bake until tortillas are light golden brown and crisp. Garnish with lettuce, carrots, prepared salsa and if using, sour cream.
3. Add your favorite veggies, sour cream, salsa and enjoy!
Makes: 2-3 cups
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup of tomato sauce or juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 chopped jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Juice of 1 lime
1. Roughly chop and add all ingredients on a food processor and blend until just lightly chunky.
Note:Substitute chicken with beans for a meatless version, add cheese or leave it out. If you are not into tortillas, you can instead wrap all ingredients into lettuce wraps. You can personalize these taco cups any way that you want!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription! Angie shares yummy food, easy DIY crafts, adventures of motherhood, and everything in between on her blog, Little Inspiration. Check out more of her healthy and fun recipes here.