We love potato salad but on a hot, summer day, a creamy salad isn’t always the go-to side dish. Instead, try this German Potato Salad! With a tangy bite from Dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar, you’ll love this fresh take on a picnic fave.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 6 cups salt water
- 1-1/2 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes (about 10)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked turkey bacon (optional)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup NatureBox Sour Cream & Onion Almonds
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish
1. Bring a large pot of salt water to boil. Add the unpeeled potatoes and boil for about 25 minutes (a fork should pierce the potatoes easily when done). Drain the water and let the potatoes cool for 10 minutes.
2. Peel and cube the potatoes, then add them to a large mixing bowl. Heat the vegetable broth in a small pot over medium heat until it starts to boil. Remove from heat and pour over the potatoes (they will soak up the broth).
3. Add the onion, mustard, bacon, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Add the NatureBox Sour Cream & Onion Almonds and toss well. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving with freshly chopped chives.
Still hungry? Try these other salad recipes!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Kristianne is the founder of My San Francisco Kitchen, where she shares everyday recipes that focus on cooking/baking from scratch.