We’re soaking up every last second of this relaxing summer as it winds down into fall. And there’s no better way to do this than with this ridiculously easy tart. Simply bake the pie crust, then layer in cheese and sliced heirloom tomatoes. You’ll have plenty of time to kick up your feet and sip your lemonade in the sun.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 16 minutes
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces bleu cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 pound assorted heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- Torn fresh basil leaves
- Maldon sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Press crust into 9-inch tart pan; cut off excess crust hanging over edge. Use fork to poke several holes in bottom of crust. Line crust with parchment paper; fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove pie weights and parchment paper; transfer crust to wire rack to cool completely.
2. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, whisk ricotta, blue cheese and lemon zest until well combined.
3. Spread ricotta mixture evenly in bottom of cooled tart crust. Arrange tomatoes over ricotta; sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper. Slice and serve immediately.
Still hungry? Check out our other other 3-step recipes!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Sign up today to get $10 off your first box!