Is the early-week lunch preparation stressing you out? Keep the upcoming meal plans simple with this avocado-y quinoa salad. Make a big batch, portion it out in mason jars, and keep it for the next few days for a no-fuss, on-the-go lunch!
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- Juice of 1-1/2 limes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 garlic clove, crushed with press, or minced and ground into a paste with back of knife
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (add some of the seeds for more heat)
- 1/2 ripe mango, diced
- 3/4 cup baby heirloom tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1. In medium bowl, mash together avocado, lime juice and salt. Add remaining ingredients, toss to combine well. Serve warm or chilled.
Still hungry? Check out our free cookbook, 7 Hearty Kale Recipes!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Lori is a Detroit-area food writer, recipe developer and restaurant reviewer. She’s usually found in the kitchen cooking up something that undoubtedly involves beets, lemons or coconut for her blog, Foxes Love Lemons. Check out more of her recipes here.