What do you do with the leftover pasta shells, twists and ribbons that didn’t quite fit into that glorious dinner you were making? Easy: gather them up for a whimsical take on pasta salad!
We added a few pinches of fresh dill and a dash of garlic powder to a dollop of Greek yogurt and some buttermilk to create a quick, guilt-free take on ranch dressing.
Make a big batch of this at once to have on hand in the coming days!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 8 ounces assorted pasta (make sure all shapes are about the same size; we used a mix of rotini, penne and campanelle)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1. Heat large pot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain pasta, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
2. Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk buttermilk, yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, garlic powder, salt and pepper until smooth. Add chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes and pasta; toss until well combined. For best flavor, cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Sign up today to kick off your membership with a free trial!