Today’s recipe is an easy spice cake with a hint of pumpkin that can be made vegan OR gluten-free! It’s simple and small but delicious. It would be great for a small Thanksgiving dinner or holiday meal.
- 1 Yellow Gluten-Free Cake Mix or 1/2 of MOMables Homemade Yellow Cake Mix (just the dry mix)
- ½ tsp all spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ cup of milk of choice
- ⅓ cup butter or Earth’s Balance vegan butter (melted)
- 2 TBSP canned pumpkin puree
- 6” or 8” cake pan
- non-stick cooking spray
- Topping: non-dairy whipped topping or frosting of your choice
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Mix all dry ingredients then add pumpkin, milk, and butter.
- Spray cake pan and pour in cake batter
- For 6” pan, bake for 35-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- For 8” pan, bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Top with your favorite frosting
Notes: you can use any milk of your choosing and frost the cake with your favorite frosting recipe. We love Cinnamon-Vanilla Whipped Cream and Pumpkin Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox.