‘Tis the season… of roasted squash! Think beyond the classic favorites like pumpkin and butternut squash and try out acorn squash.
This fall vegetable comes naturally in a fun and festive shape, All you have to do is cut out the middle to give yourself a pretty dish that requires minimal extras for beautification. You can add your favorite garnishes, but we like using pomegranate and parsley for some festive flair.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 medium acorn squash
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spray two rimmed baking pans with cooking spray. Cut squash crosswise into 1-inch slices.
2. Use circular cookie cutter or small can or jar to remove seeds from middle of each slice. Place slices on prepared pans. Lightly spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Transfer to oven and roast 30 minutes or until golden brown and tender, turning once halfway through.
4. Transfer squash slices to serving platter and sprinkle with parsley and pomegranate arils.
In a time crunch? Try our other 3-step recipes!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Sign up today to kick off your membership with a free trial!