Recipe by Linda Tambunan of The Urban Mrs.
- 10-12 oz (300g) salmon
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups steamed rice
- 1 cup dice onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 TBSP butter
- 2 tsp sea salt + extra for salmon
- 1 TBSP fish sauce
- Ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Rub the salmon with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Let it rest for a while and cook in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat until lightly brown on each side. Let it cool, then scrap the salmon in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, combine fish sauce and sea salt in a small bowl.
- Add butter to a medium high heat pan, then add garlic, onion, and shallot. Cook for about 3-4 minutes until cooked and fragrant.
- Add the salmon back to the pan, then add parsley, cilantro.
- Add the steamed rice and the fish sauce over. Mix well and serve.
- Optional: Squeeze lime over rice (about 1 tsp).
Notes: The most important tip is to use rice that has been previously cooked (2 or 3-day old rice) to help keep the dish from turning mushy.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Linda shares her passion for cooking on her blog, The Urban Mrs.The Urban Mrs is about cooking simple, healthy, and daringly delicious dishes.