- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1-3 tsp sambal (chili paste)*
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (12-ounce) package firm tofu
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- Romaine lettuce, for serving
2. Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add tofu and sear until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
3. Add mushrooms and bell pepper to skillet and cook, stirring frequently until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in soy sauce mixture and cook until sauce has reduced slightly, about 3 minutes.
4. To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the tofu mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Chung-Ah, the author behind Damn Delicious, loves to take simple ingredients and transform them into sophisticated and elegant meals.