Ever thought of pairing fresh strawberries with avocado? In this recipe, the tart and creamy fruits are tossed together with cooked and cooled couscous, then dressed in a zingy lime vinaigrette.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup strawberries, quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
For the lime vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar, or more to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine couscous, avocado, corn, strawberries, cilantro and pine nuts. Stir in lime vinaigrette.
2. To make the vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lime zest and juice, and sugar in a small bowl. Toss into salad and serve.
Still hungry? Try our other avocado recipes!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Chung-Ah, the author behind Damn Delicious, loves to take simple ingredients and transform them into sophisticated and elegant meals.