The sun is shining, the birds are singing – yup, it’s just about picnic season. On your next picnic, whip up and bottle a batch of this strawberry ginger lemonade. Its tart tanginess will give you the refreshing flavor you need for a relaxing, sunny day at the park!
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 3 cups water
- 2 heaping cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1-1/2 tablespoons peeled and roughly chopped fresh ginger
- 1-1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus additional if needed
1. In blender, puree water, strawberries and ginger until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh strainer; discard solids.
2. Pour strawberry liquid into pitcher; add lemon juice and sugar. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Serve over ice; refrigerate any leftovers.
Note: This makes a delicious, tart-tasting lemonade. If you’d like a sweeter drink, stir in additional sugar 1 tablespoon at a time until desired level of sweetness is reached.
Not sure if those strawberries are ripe? Check out our super easy tip!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Sign up today to get 50% off your first box!