Now that we’re well on our way to summer we’re in the season of fresh juice, smoothies and milkshakes.
Take advantage of all the delicious produce summer has to offer and try this sweet and tart combination of fresh strawberries and rhubarb in a creamy milkshake. Enjoy it on its own or indulge with a side of your favorite snacks!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound fresh rhubarb, chopped (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, plus additional if necessary
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 heaping cups hulled and chopped strawberries
- 2 cups vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups low fat milk
1. In medium saucepot, heat oil over medium heat. Add rhubarb and sugar; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until rhubarb is very soft and broken down, stirring occasionally. Transfer to refrigerator and cool completely.
2. Squeeze honey onto small plate. Invert 4 glasses into honey; slide around until rims are lightly coated in honey. Place graham cracker crumbs in small bowl; twist glass rims into crumbs until coated.
3. In blender, combine strawberries, frozen yogurt, milk and rhubarb mixture; blend until well combined. Divide between prepared glasses and serve immediately.
Note: because rhubarb varies in tartness, you may need more sugar to sweeten to your liking. As rhubarb is cooking, taste and add more sugar by the tablespoonful, if necessary.
Still hungry? Try this ahi tuna salad!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Sign up today to get 50% off your first box!