Got some chicken leftover from last night’s dinner? Shred it and add it with cabbage, green onions and cilantro, and whip up a quick peanut dressing!
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken breast
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar, or more, to taste
1. To assemble the salad, place cabbage in a large bowl; top with chicken, carrot, peanuts, green onions, cilantro and avocado.
2. To make the dressing, whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, lime juice, sugar and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl. Pour the dressing on top of the salad and gently toss to combine.
Pics or it didn’t happen!When you whip up this recipe, post it on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #natureboxrecipe so we can like and reshare it!
Chung-Ah, the author behind Damn Delicious, loves to take simple ingredients and transform them into sophisticated and elegant meals.