by Angie Ramirez for NatureBox
These little sliders are great for portion control, have very few ingredients, and are as delicious as they are healthy. You can make them out of turkey or lean beef and even add some slices of avocado. Enjoy!
- 10 ounces of lean ground turkey or beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced onions
- 4 medium vine tomatoes, sliced in half, width-wise
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded and sliced (optional, for garnish)
1. In a medium bowl combine ground turkey or beef, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, mustard, salt, pepper and green onions. Divide into 4 equal-sized patties.
2. In a small pan over medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and cook sliced onions until tender. Set aside.
3. In that same pan, add tomatoes and cook each side until just tender, about 4 minutes on each side. Remove and place on a plate until ready to serve.
4. Add another drizzle of olive oil to pan and cook burger patties over medium-high heat until cooked to desired doneness, likely about 4-5 minutes on each side.
5. Assemble burger and serve with ketchup or sliced avocado if desired.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Angie shares yummy food, easy DIY crafts, adventures of motherhood, and everything in between on her blog, Little Inspiration. Check out more of her healthy and fun recipes here.