Dried fruits aren’t just for snack time! We used NatureBox Dried California Peaches to create a delicate peach chutney in a sandwich favorite – turkey and brie paninis.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
For the Peach Chutney:
- 3 ounces NatureBox Sun-Dried California Peaches, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
For the Paninis:
- 12 slices crusty bread
- Organic nonstick cooking spray
- 6 tablespoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 12 thin slices roasted organic turkey breast
- 6 ounces Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups arugula
1. Make the Peach Chutney: In medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until most liquid is absorbed. Let cool. This step can be done up to 1 week in advance. Store chutney in airtight container in refrigerator until ready to use.
2. Make the Paninis: Spray 1 side of each bread slice with cooking spray. Spread opposite side of 4 bread slices with mustard. Over mustard, place turkey, brie, Peach Chutney and arugula. Place remaining bread slices, sprayed side up, over arugula.
3. Preheat panini press or pan over medium heat. Cook sandwiches until bread is golden brown and cheese melts, about 3 minutes per side, pressing down occasionally with large spatula.
Still hungry? Try our other sandwiches!
Lori is a Detroit-area food writer, recipe developer and restaurant reviewer. She’s usually found in the kitchen cooking up something that undoubtedly involves beets, lemons or coconut for her blog, Foxes Love Lemons. Check out more of her recipes here.