It’s Meatless Monday so why not serve up lightened up eggs benedict on toasted whole grain English muffins with roasted asparagus and a spicy chipotle Greek yogurt hollandaise? These benedicts are incredibly hearty, filling, and a perfect breakfast option for dinner or for a nice brunch!
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 4 whole grain English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- 8 poached eggs, for serving
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsps freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoons puréed chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
Place asparagus in a single layer onto prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste; gently toss to combine.Place into oven and roast for 8-12 minutes, or until tender but crisp.
To make the hollandaise, set a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, not letting the bowl touch the water. Whisk Greek yogurt and egg yolks in the bowl until smooth. Whisk in butter, lemon juice, chipotle peppers, Dijon, Worcestershire, salt and pepper, to taste, until it coats the back of a spoon, about 3-4 minutes; keep warm.To assemble the eggs benedict, place 3-4 asparagus spears on each English muffin. Top with tomatoes, sliced avocado and poached egg, drizzling the tops with hollandaise sauce. Serve immediately.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!
Chung-Ah, the author behind Damn Delicious, loves to take simple ingredients and transform them into sophisticated and elegant meals.