You’ve tried the one-pot pasta recipe. This time, change it up with this one-skillet dish. Loaded with vegetables like broccoli, carrots and peas, it’s hearty and filling while making sure you get a good dose of produce.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large bunch broccoli, finely chopped
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 jar (24 ounces) organic marinara sauce
- 8 ounces whole wheat spiral pasta
- 2-1/2 cups water, plus additional if needed
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Chopped fresh parsley, for serving
1. In large high-sided skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and cook 4 to 6 minutes or until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Add shallots, carrots and salt; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer vegetables to bowl; set aside.
2. Add marinara, pasta and water to skillet; heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook 15 to 17 minutes or until pasta is tender, adding more water by 1/4-cupfuls if necessary, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in peas, half-and-half, red pepper flakes and reserved vegetables; cook 1 minute or until vegetables are heated through. Serve pasta garnished with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Still hungry? Try our vegetable one-pot pasta!
Pics or it didn’t happen! When you whip up this recipe, post it on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #natureboxrecipe so we can like and reshare it!
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Sign up today to get 50% off your first box!