Quinoa doesn’t have to just be a base for salad! Here, fresh strawberries and dried cherries and berries take center stage while quinoa and flax amp up the protein and fiber.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup NatureBox Cherry Berry Bonanza
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 sprig of basil or mint for garnish (optional)
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, boil 2 cups of water. Once the water is boiling, add the quinoa and cook for 20 minutes, until cooked through.
2. Drain the cooked quinoa and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add Cherry Berry Bonanza, flaxseed, lemon juice, zest and maple syrup and mix well. Let cool.
3. Once the mixture is cooled, toss with the strawberries and garnish with the herbs.
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!